Saturday, December 19, 2009

12/19/09- Talkin bout yesterday, Year One, PS2

After I wrote my post on Thursday, I finished up my comics (X-Factor 200 was fun with the Thing vs. Guido/Shatterstar fight and GLCorps undid what it did last issue too fast). I don't recall much else about the evening.

Yesterday I woke up and got stuck in traffic behind a downed power line in Easley. When I called the guy I was meeting to explain I used some harsh language like "some brain surgeon knocked down a power line" and he gave me a guilt trip ("when I'm perfect I'll start judging other people"). That reminds me of the character I met at the Taylors library on Wed. His son had just been popped for possession of MJ after being on probation. He thought I was an attorney. Anyway, we started talking and he said two things that stood out in my mind: "I wish my son could go through his life with his anus intact" and (regarding why his brother-in-law has 8 kids) "Keep it in your pants or at least make a snowstorm on her belly." Classy.

I did some work at Greenville Tech and tried to track a source down. I skipped the holiday party for my company because I am an asocial crank (and I had work to get done). I was off at 12:45 but I worked until 1:45. I read some of the Secret Warriors tpb (ok so far). Mom and I watched Year One with Jack Black and Michael Cera. It was...not very good. I laughed a couple of times but it was pretty painfully unfunny (lots of frantic mugging). Not recommended.

I then stayed up playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance on PS2. There is such a vast chasm of difference (re: quality) between Ultimate Alliance 1 and Ultimate Alliance 2 for PS2 in that UA2 sucks balls. There is nowhere near the same level of customization or detail. The character choices are kind of stupid with no costume changes. Boring. But I was up until 3am with UA1 and loving it.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment